A full-face-mask-style device that covers your mouth and nose also may work well for you. A CPAP-heated humidifier that attaches to the air pressure machine also may help.
"I wake up with a dry or stuffy nose after using my CPAP."
Current CPAP machines come with a heated humidifier that combat dryness of the nose and airways. These humidifiers are adjustable so that you can play with the settings to find the perfect humidification settings for your needs.
Your doctor may prescribe a nasal steroid spray if your dryness doesn't respond to heated humidity. It's also important that your mask fit well. A leaky mask can dry out your nose.
"I get claustrophobic just thinking about wearing the mask."
While you're awake, practice by first just holding the mask up to your face without any of the other parts. Once you're comfortable with that, try wearing the mask with the straps. Next, try holding the mask and hose on your face, without using the straps. Have the hose attached to the CPAP machine at a low-pressure setting (with ramp feature turned on). And, finally, wear the mask with the straps and with the air pressure machine turned on while awake. After you're comfortable with that, try sleeping with it on.
Many claustrophobic patients have a hard time coming to terms with having to wear a mask that covers their mouth and parts of their face. For these patients, we recommend trying a nasal pillow mask. Nasal pillow masks are much smaller and lighter than other mask types and minimize the amount of weight and material on one's face. They work by forming a seal at the base of the nostrils that pump air directly into the nose through nasal pillows, making breathing feel more natural and comfortable without the confined feeling typically experienced with wearing other mask types.
There might air leaking from the cushion causing the eye to be irritated. Scroll down to "Air Leaks" to help resolve the issue. If you put your hand around the mask and do not detect any air leaking then it may be caused by the cushion. If the cushion is too large and irritating the eye. Consider changing to a smaller size cushion.
If you are wearing your mask too tight at night then you may wake up with red line marks in the morning on your face. To avoid this you have loosen the straps on your headgear so your mask rests comfortably on your face. If it is still leaving redness on your nose then try our PAP Accessory the Boomrang Gel Pad.
"My mask starts leaking on the side when I turn."
- If you are a man with a lot of facial hair you may want to consider trimming or cutting your facial hair.
- Incorrect adjustment – Make sure your headgear is not over-tightened.
- Incorrect assembly – If you took your mask apart to clean it, make sure that you reassembled it correctly.
- Incorrect mask size – If you have never been able to get a good seal with your mask, please contact us. We will be able to check whether or not you have the right mask size.
- Worn components – Your mask and headgear wear out over time.
- The Remzzz's can help greatly reduce or eliminate noisy and annoying air leaks.
"I wake up with dry or redness on my skin."
- Readjust headgear straps so the mask is loose as possible while still creating a close comfortable seal.
- Wash face before bed to remove excess facial oils.
- Wash mask daily according to user guide instructions, diluted liquid detergent and warm water.
- Try one of our Accessories like the Remzzz's Mask Liner, the StrapGuard Lite Cushions or the Roezit Lotion to help reduce skin irritation.
"I wake up because my tubing feels cold against my skin."
If you have a standard tubing it may feel cold or if you have a heated tubing it may feel hot. Fortunately, there are several ways you can make sure that this doesn't happen to you.
- The SnuggleHose wraps around the hose so it feels nice and comfortable.
- The CPAP Hose Lift suspends your CPAP tubing overhead, rotates with sleep movement, and thus, eliminates the hose hassle inherent with all CPAP systems.
If you are still experiencing any mask issues you should contact your Patient Care Technician. You can also call our Customer Service (866) 634-0177 for further assistance. Click here for more Accessories.